Cause-related marketing is an effective way for companies to promote their support of the BC Cancer Foundation. The BC Cancer Foundation is open to evaluating new cause marketing programs that meet the following criteria.
- Is collaborative and mutually beneficial for your organization and BC Cancer Foundation
- Provides the opportunity to generate a positive impact on the BC Cancer Foundation brand and reinforce BC Cancer Foundation values and reputation
- Aligns with BC Cancer Foundation’s values and Cause Related Marketing strategy, in order to deliver clearly identifiable synergies
- Target a minimum $5,000 annual contribution to BC Cancer Foundation. For more information and program guidelines, please download our current policy (PDF).
How to Apply
- Download our Cause Related Marketing Proposal (PDF).
- Complete the proposal, outlining the details of your program including:
- The portion of funds allocated to the Foundation
- How funds will be raised (i.e. product sales, ticket sales, service offering, etc.)
- The responsibilities of the individuals involved in the sale.
- Send completed proposals to the BC Cancer Foundation to email@example.com or mail to:
BC Cancer Foundation
150 – 686 W Broadway
Vancouver, BC Canada V5Z 1G1
Attention: Hannah Konyves
Please note: Completion of the Cause Related Marketing Application does not constitute permission from BC Cancer Foundation to use BC Cancer Foundation’s name, logo or trademarks. Once you receive a letter of approval, you may use BC Cancer Foundation’s name, and trademarks in accordance with the terms of agreement and subject to BC Cancer Foundation review.
4. Once approved, BC Cancer Foundation will send you a letter of approval/authorization and you be asked to sign an agreement.
No Frills® Save It Forward™ Program
Save It Forward™ allows shoppers to save money and donate to local charities. The Save it Forward™ program offers two-part coupons that will be available in-store for shoppers to pick up and instantly redeem savings on purchases of participating products. The first half of the coupon can be used at the cash lanes to save money on participating products and the second half of the coupon offers a 50¢ donation (provided by the vendor partners) that can be added to one of the three charity donation bins, one of which benefits the BC Cancer Foundation!
Harbour Air’s Share the Fare
Harbour Air, North America’s largest seaplane airline, will donate $1 for every passenger who flies on Fridays over the next year to the BC Cancer Foundation and two other local charities.
Buy a Screw Cancer screwdriver and 40% of your purchase will support cancer charities, benefiting both patients and their families.
The Baby Gift Basket
The Baby Gift Basket hand-delivers gift baskets to expectant and new parents with $1 of each gift basket benefiting the BC Cancer Foundation. For more information, please visit www.thebaby.ca
For more information about cause marketing opportunities, please contact:
Development Coordinator, Sponsorship