This is a brief interruption to Dr. Aly Karsan’s blogging to share an interesting fundraising opportunity that is happening right now online—it’s a virtual race!
The BC Cancer Agency has recently entered into the Virtual Marathon for Medical Research presented by the Institute for Medical Research Israel-Canada (IMRIC). It is a virtual race that will take place on December 11, 2011, where 10 different charities will race to win money for their cause; and each charity is represented by an avatar based on the likeness of a real person.
One of our recent guest bloggers, Dr. Karen Gelmon, will be racing—in avatar form—for breast cancer research, and I would like to extend the invite to you to support her virtual marathon for breast cancer research.
Here is how it works:
- You can support this race by registering on the event website: Here is the link to support Dr. Gelmon.
- Your registration fee will be directed to the cause your avatar is running for; each fee increases the avatar’s chances of winning.
- Through the Institute for Medical Research Israel-Canada, your registration fee is tax receiptable.
- Register now and use this promo code BC0011 in the registration form.
- Read the full contest details here.
This virtual marathon fundraiser is a creative way to support the innovative research taking place at the BC Cancer Agency. We will be cheering for Dr. Gelmon on race day, December 11, online and hope you will be too.
Thank you for your support and see you on race day!