Gifts of Art
Giving the Gift of Visual Inspiration
Support visual arts at BC Cancer
Your support will help to transform waiting areas, corridors, and treatment rooms into inviting places that promote the well-being of our patients and their families. Make a donation to support arts and ambiance at BC Cancer and help us continue our work.
Artwork offered for donation to the BC Cancer Foundation will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Invite the viewer of the artwork to enter a world that is positive and healing through image, form and colour,
- Address the broad ageless appeal that is part of BC Cancer community (patients, family, staff),
- The artwork contributes to the BC Cancer Art Collection by providing patients, staff, and families with inspiration, comfort, and hope,
- The content, images, and colour are appropriate for and beneficial to the Cancer Centre environment,
- The artwork is original, of professional quality that maintains the consistency and integrity of the collection,
- The artwork was created on, with, and framed using archival materials and is in good physical condition,
- Potential donors will be asked to submit an image and description of the artwork being offered. Donations will be reviewed by our Art Collection Acquisition Committee for approval,
- Donors are entitled to receive a charitable tax receipt for the appraised value of the artwork and BC Cancer Foundation will process donations and issue tax receipts. For artwork valued at $1000.00 or more, CRA requires an independent appraisal from a member of the Canadian Art Dealers Association and this is requested at the donor’s expense. Donors should seek the advice of an accountant regarding capital gains tax issues and the degree to which a tax receipt would benefit them.
- We do not purchase or commission artwork