BC Cancer - Vancouver
BC Cancer—Vancouver is one of six regional cancer centres, serving patients in the Greater Vancouver area of B.C.
In collaboration with the L.J Blackmore Cancer Research Centre and Genome Sciences Centre, world-class experts work across programs and research platforms to conduct breakthrough research to advance cancer care.
At BC Cancer – Vancouver, the progress is real. Expert teams have:
- decoded the DNA of a patient’s cancer to match treatments
- reclassified breast cancer into 10 completely new categories in the largest genetic breast study in history
- developed a faster, more precise radiation therapy practice that was adopted world-wide
- become the first cancer centre in Canada to offer genetic panel testing as standard of care
- deployed an ovarian cancer prevention strategy that has been adopted province-wide
L.J. Blackmore Cancer Research Centre
At the L.J. Blackmore Cancer Research Centre located in Vancouver, research ranges from genetic studies to clinical research on cancer prevention, early diagnosis, molecular characteristics of cancer and new treatments using drugs and radiotherapy.
Research programs include:
- Cancer Control Research: conducting research on etiology, prevention and early detection
- Centre for Lymphoid cancer: a multi-disciplinary program focused on new diagnostics and treatments for lympohid cancer
- Genome Sciences Centre: focus on genomics and bioinformatics research