At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are working together with our donors to support leading-edge research that will have a direct impact on improvements to cancer care for patients in British Columbia. Our employees share a passion for our cause and for the amazing work of the BC Cancer Agency.
We have a dynamic, action oriented, and results focused team. Our structure is focused on specialization, allowing each of the experts within our organization to focus on what they do best while working collaboratively with others across the organization. We aim to provide each employee with flexibility, responsibility, and the support to be successful.
What we offer
Our employment package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous vacation plans – 4 or 5 weeks, depending on role
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and extended health, dental, group and dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, critical illness insurance, short and long-term disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Pension plan
- Professional development support – we believe in growing and developing our staff whenever possible, providing them with opportunities to advance their careers within the Foundation.
Our organization offers careers in the following areas:
- Fundraising and Fundraising Operations: This team makes up 70 per cent of our organization and is comprised of fundraising and support specialists in event management, major gifts, planned giving, annual giving (including direct mail), stewardship and prospect research.
- Marketing and Communications: We have a small team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Finance and Administration: As well as appropriate accounting backgrounds, our financial team has expertise in fund accounting and CRA tax receipting. Whilst we only have a few administrative positions in the organization, we do maintain a pool of casual employees that provide donor services / gift processing and reception coverage.
If you are interested in joining our team now or in the future, click on the “Join Our Team” button below to see available positions or submit your resume for future opportunities in the career area best suited to your interests, experience and skills.
Submitting your resume online is the best way to come to our attention – it makes it easy for us to find and contact you should a position come available.
If you would like more information about the BC Cancer Foundation team and culture, or have questions about career opportunities, you can contact the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.